me & the kids.

me & the kids.
l o v e

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A long break.....

So I am aware that I have taken quite a long break from my blog, but it certainly was not w/o reason. Besides the normal of being busy with work and family I have been going through some really, really difficult things in my personal life. If this blog were a little more private I would go into detail, but it's not so I can only speak generally about what's going on. About 6 or so weeks ago my whole life was turned upside down and I was absolutely crushed. The last 6 weeks have been spent with a lot of tears, sleepless nights, deep hurt, calling out to God, and thankfully conversations and visits with friends and family. It's one of those times where you have to remind yourself over and over again that God's plan is perfect. We don't get to know why things happen sometimes, but we have to trust that His plan is perfect and he will see us through every situation we encounter. Each day I am not sure what I will feel like when I wake up in the morning or even what I may feel like an hour later. I am thankful that God is still at work in me and has put certain people in my life at just the right time to help me through this storm. Tonight I read Psalm 117:2 "For he loves us with unfailing love; the Lord's faithfulness endures forever." I wish that I could write more right now or say something really great, but I am just at a loss for what to say. If you take the time to read this I would of course appreciate your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear this~ I will be praying for you Jodi! Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Jodi, I believe also that the things that happen are meant to be, we will not be given something which we can't overcome. Looking in hindsight is easier to believe this of course! And on earth, we are blessed to love and be loved by certain people, for however long, but the real enduring love, the love beyond any earthly loves, and the one that matters the most, is His. I think about you every day and pray that you can trust in God that you will make it through the storm and see the rainbow on the other side. There will for sure be a beautiful rainbow, but perhaps different people to view it with, and that too is God's plan =) Love you Jodi!

    ReplyDelete