me & the kids.

me & the kids.
l o v e

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Still thankful after Thanksgiving....

I am sure that's still allowed....to be thankful after Thanksgiving...right!? ;o) Well one thing I was particularly thankful for by Mon. evening was to be able to eat!!!! For almost 5 days I was not able to eat much & what I did eat was a very bad idea due to me being very sick. Anyone who knows me knows that I just really love food. Although I didn't even really have an appetite it still bothered me to see other people enjoying food. Even while waiting my turn at the Walgreens clinic last weekend (with major stomach pains) a girl was chomping on some snack mix behind me and I was sooo jealous! So anyways.....I am now so thankful that I can simply eat again! It came at the best time too because students have started bringing in lots of holiday treats for the teachers. :o) Cue the music...."it's the most wonderful time....of the year! :o) It was however pretty funny when the nurse practitioner asked me what kinds of things I had tried to eat recently and I had to be honest that I had tried to eat a donut & then a leftover piece of pizza.....let's just say she shook her head a lot at me and then explained the BRAT diet to me....which helped over the next day and a half while I finished recovering. :o) AND....what a small world...the nurse practitioner's nephew was an RA of mine during the Summer Honors program I went to when I was 17. weird.
Soooo....I have been continuing to read my power of a praying wife & holy cow is there so much stuff I should be praying for all the time! I have been missing a whole bunch of stuff until now! yeesh! I don't know why someone didn't tell me sooner :o) Just kidding, people probably did, I just didn't listen. I am also just finishing Revelations & whoa! Talk about a creepy book right now! Anybody else think so? I think that's about the scariest thing you could read cuz it's REAL!!! But NEways...things are good....I missed church last week due to sickness & am excited to go back next Sunday!
This Sat. is a Christmas party with some of my girl friends. I was supposed to find a red dress for it which didn't happen for multiple reasons....BUT I did at least buy a lacey black skirt to go with a red shirt I already had so I will be somewhat festive. Perhaps I will remember to post a pic next week. I have pretty much my whole outfit picked out, but REALLY wish I had some cute black boots to go with it instead of the black shoes I currently have laying out with it. I am just soooo picky with boots and have searched high and low and CANNOT find black boots that I consider both cute and affordable in my size!blah! Well it's way late so I gotta go to bed! Hope you enjoyed the randomness that was tonight's post. :o)
May God our Father give you grace and peace.

1 comment: