me & the kids.

me & the kids.
l o v e

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fall is on its way folks!

Don't let this 108 degree weather in Phoenix fool you, I am convinced that fall is on its way! Why you may ask?? Well, because I bought leggings and a long sleeve plaid shirt at Target tonight during my 2 hour shopping extravaganza with Jaylee. I think that God will honor my purchases and send cooler weather our way :o) That makes complete sense right? Well either way, I am at least going to wear them around my house in my air conditioning and pretend like there is fall weather. I actually looked for pumpkin last weekend to make pumpkin bread but I couldn't find any at the grocery store....what's up with that!? If nothing else, I go to Indiana & Michigan in about 3 1/2 weeks (I think), for a long weekend so I can get a dose of fall weather then. Oh man, I am going to have to get a hot chocolate too! Now I can't wait!! NEways... I road my new bike to school today and it was quite nice except for the part I anticipated....carrying it up the stairs when I got back home! I know you are probably thinking, wow Jodi with all those muscles you have I would have thought you carried it up with one pinky, but don't let those muscles fool you folks, it was quite the challenge. On probably the second stair I managed to hit my little shin pretty hard on the petal which ripped off a little skin and gave me a little goose egg THEN...about 3 steps from the top I started to lose my balance and nearly fell backwards, but I quickly through all of my weight forwards....phew! close call! Needless to say I think I will leave my bike at the bottom of the stairs for Floyd to bring up tomorow when he gets home. Well that's all for today, no deep thoughts, just a snapshot of pieces of my day.
Random verse I felt like adding:
"The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it." (John 1:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment