me & the kids.

me & the kids.
l o v e

Monday, August 23, 2010

To blog or not to blog??...That is the question.

So I have mixed feelings about the whole idea of blogging. Initially I thought blogging was the most ridiculous thing ever…..I mean, why on earth would anyone want to basically put their diary online for everyone to see??? It seemed much too revealing and therefore silly to me. After reading just a select few people’s I have begun to see some point in it depending on how one blogs. One particular blog that I read is of a young woman whom I believe inspires so many and has no idea. People are able to be inspired and also learn from her life experiences and the inner thoughts she shares with her blog followers because she is willing to put her whole self out there. Those that know me would probably agree that I am not a very shy person at all, but for some reason I still have a problem letting people know my inner thoughts. I am not sure why I feel this way….I guess maybe I have felt like people would make fun of the way I think and tell me it wasn’t right or something along those lines. In general, I have always felt that I didn’t quite look at things the same as others and had different thoughts than others……this was true UNTIL I had the pleasure of getting to know others more intimately through their blogs or just on a more personal level….turns out, I am not as weird or unique as I thought :o) I think many of us have “different” thoughts, but few are willing to share any of those thoughts that would portray us as less than perfect or that would make us stand apart from the norm. I applaud those who are willing to share their inner thoughts and struggles because I truly believe that it can help others with various situations in their own lives. At this moment I am still unsure how much of myself I am going to be able to reveal but I have decided that it is time to sort of “pay it forward”…..meaning others who have been willing to share their lives have made a difference in my life so maybe I ought to share my life so that (maybe) it can make a difference in someone else’s. How often will I blog? I have no idea, but all I can say is that I will try. What will I talk about? Whatever is upon my heart that I am able to put into words. And this concludes my first blog post! May the grace of the Lord Jesus be with you. My love to all of you in Christ Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. AHHHH i'm so excited! I had no idea you started it and am so excited to keep up with it. Love you and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete