me & the kids.

me & the kids.
l o v e

Monday, August 30, 2010

Best Friends...

I know lots of people really don't like Mondays and like to complain about them, but I think Mondays are alright. This week's Monday was actually fantastic! Why you may ask?? Well because I got to talk to two of my very best friends. I talked to my best friend from high school, (even if only over facebook IM), and she is absolutely hysterical! I'm not even sure she tries to make me laugh half the time, but she does and I love it! I get to see her in less than 3 weeks and I am pretty pumped about that! She is pretty much an adopted 13th member of the VeenKant siblings so naturally she will be going to my cousins wedding with us. Good times will be had by all. :o) My other best friend is from college and it's so good to talk to her because I didn't get to talk to her for practically 2 years when she was out of the country. We have talked a few times since she has been back and as an hour on the phone passes it feels like about 15 minutes to me. She is just such a great all around person and her laugh is one of the best I've heard :o) Not sure when I will see her next because we live across the country from one another, but I am plotting! Other than my pleasant conversations with my best friends I also had a good day at work, fun time hanging out with my kids (even though I managed to get a puncture wound on my hand in the process, don't ask), and made yummy cinnamon rolls. Tonight I read Philippians 1 & 2 and a few things stuck out to me: 1. 1:6 says, "And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns." I found this interesting because it lets us know that God has already begun working on us, but pretty much here on earth we will always be a work in progress because the process will not be finished until he returns. 2. 2:14 states "Do everything without complaining or arguing..." hmmm....yea, let's just say that's a tough one. I know I certaintly have things that set me off on my little complaining or arguing rampages and I really need to work on that. The unfortunate piece to that is that I honestly think I do it more at home....& I think the reason I do it at home is because I know that there isn't people judging me there...it's just my husband and although I know he doesn't like it, I know that he'll forgive me and look past it. But I shouldn't just continue knowing he'll see past it, I really need to change it because he does not deserve my little annoying complaint rampages :o) So let the progress begin.....NOW! I'll just call it one of my anniversary presents to him :o)....it is coming up this Friday!! That's all for tonight!
May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment