me & the kids.

me & the kids.
l o v e

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

a whole new perspective.

Soooo.....I have noticed lately that I must have a different perspective on things than I previously did. I have begun to notice different situations that have arose where in the past I would find my self slightly annoyed or offended or angry....and well now, they just don't seem to bother me at all. They are the very things that I had tried to improve myself and at times things would improve, but not like how they are just recently. I guess I am realizing how much easier things become when you decide to let God be your pilot instead of just a passenger. It's just kind of unreal. I don't even know how I got to this point, but I am soooo glad that I am here. Tonight I read the last two chapters of Phillippians and this passage stuck out to me....it's so amazing & I can't believe I never underlined it before...(3:8-9) "Everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God's way of making us right with himself depends on faith." I have began to feel what this passage says; there are many things that used to be of importance to me that just don't matter any more.....they are absolute garbage compared to having a relationship with Christ. Sometimes things aren't necessarily "bad" in and of themselves, but they just become things that get in the way of your relationship with Christ for various reasons and therefore they must be gotten rid of. I also like the second part too where it talks basically about trying to save yourself  by "following all the rules". I think there are a lot of people who feel that is what one is to do in order to be in God's favor and although I knew people had always told me there was more to it I didn't really understand all the rest of it so I guess I just tried to do my best to do what I knew.  And sorry to do this but I just have to throw in another scripture that grabbed me...(4:6&7) "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as your live in Christ Jesus." I have this awesome kind of peace right now and it really does exceed anything we can understand. I want everybody else to be able to experience the kind of peace and happiness I have right now because it's just so unreal!! Haha, I guess people will start calling me a Jesus FREAK now! :o) It's ok, I'll own it. :o)
On a seperate note work was good, but a little crazy as always. I had a brownie sundae for the 4th day in a row and it was just as amazing as it was on day 1, YUM! I took the kids to the pool & I think Jaylee may actually swim better than Malaki-it's weird, they both love the water, but for some reason I think she was born swimming or something. Dinner was not that successful : o (, no details. I took Malaki to buy a toy bus he wanted with his piggy bank money, but he was short $2 so I told him he had to clean some stuff at the house for me. He told me he would clean the windows for me tomorow & then told me maybe he would clean more stuff for money $. Haha! Yea, he's only 3! I also watched part of a good movie and got to talk to another college friend on FB IM which was nice. Now that it's way super late I gotta go squish into bed where Floyd & Malaki have already been asleep for hours.
May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.

2 comments:

  1. Jod...it's so exciting to read what the Holy Spirit is making 'click' in your heart. I love you <3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great stuff Jodi! thanks for the reminder! I've been letting a lot of "good" stuff take priority before Jesus and I need to cut it out! - Jenalee

    ReplyDelete