me & the kids.

me & the kids.
l o v e

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Prayer.

It has recently come to my attention just how weak my prayer life is. First, it was hard for me to find a time of day to pray. I am not much of a morning person so I cringed at the thought of getting up any earlier to try to do that. As soon as I get home from work I am busy w/the kids, dinner, & cleaning. At night I end up being so tired that I fall asleep about 1-2 minutes into a prayer. I used to write out prayers sometimes because at least that helped keep my focus. I think I already mentioned this, but recently I started making my walk to work/school a prayer walk. This way I know that I get at least 15 min. of prayer a day. So I was all proud of myself for finding a time that worked and I felt connected, but then in reading and listening to some things I realized that I was forgetting so many things that I needed to pray for. I wasn't praying for my husband and my kids in the way that I should. I mean, they would make it into my prayers, but not in all the ways that they should, (is that makes any sense). My prayers would simply rather superficial and lacked depth. Not that I am some prayer expert now, but I feel like I understand how to pray better now. I still probably couldn't pray any eloquent prayers out loud, but they sound good in my head. :o) I have always despised praying out loud because I always feel like I am doing it wrong, or don't sound formal enough, or I'll forget what to say, etc. (random side note: my friends in college all knew that I did not like to pray out loud which is why Kate often thought it was a good idea to try to volunteer me to pray during cross country practice....that rascal!) Maybe one day I'll get over it...hope I do. I do pray with Malaki at bed time, so I guess that's a start! I wanted to include this passage tonight that I read in Jude, it's verses 20 & 21, "But you, dear friends, must build each other up in your most holy faith, pray in the power of the Holy Spirit, and await the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will bring you eternal life. In this way, you will keep yourselves safe in God's love. "
That's all for tonight, so I will leave you with verse 2 as well, "May God give you more and more mercy, peace, and love. "

No comments:

Post a Comment