me & the kids.

me & the kids.
l o v e

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Being a wife.

Being a wife is hard work. I love it, but it's hard work. I may complain and think or say, "man, I wish I could just come home from work & plop down on the couch with some chips instead of vacuuming, laundry, dinner, etc." Well as much as I like to say or think that, it's really not true. I am really not the type to sit around watching tv anyhow. I really am sort of a busy body and I should really thank God that he has given me the energy that he does. I also for some reason find a bit of joy in being the last one awake in the house every night because I've been up finishing housework. Sometimes as a wife and mother it can be hard to balance things because I feel that so much is expected of me, not just from my kids & husband, but also the expectations society puts on me. What has helped me is to look at what things are important to God & place those things in the forefront. I know I mentioned earlier that I have been reading a new book, "The Power of a Praying Wife," & it describes the husband as being the head of the house & the wife as being the heart. I would agree with this & I take great pride in the various things I do as the heart of the household.
Some seperate thoughts:
1. I finally got my tattoo this weekend, but for some reason can't get a pic to go on this blog right now so you'll have to check my FB if you wanna see it. I really like it, cuz it was really something for me, & it's really special to me.
2. Having my BFF in town was amazing! I love having another girl in the house that just gets me! We laugh & have so much fun just doing whatever.Can't wait until she visits again.
3. I did almost half of my Bible study HW for tomorrow & will hopefully have time to do some more tomorrow night before I have to head over there...I kinda don't like this HW cuz I am unsure on some answers and kinda hate being wrong.
4. Tomorow is voting day and I did find out where my voting location is and am going to attempt to go vote....probably won't vote on everything though because I didn't have time to research everything.
5. I cannot believe Jaylee is turning 2 this week! My does time fly! She is the sweetest thing you could ever imagine!
6. I love Halloween candy!
May God our Father give you grace & peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment