me & the kids.

me & the kids.
l o v e

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Witnessing.

few examples of definitions from dictionary.com:
a person or thing that affords evidence.
a person who gives testimony.
 
Simply hearing the word witnessing can make many believers uncomfortable. Why? Well in my case it's because it's one thing to personlly believe in something, another thing to want to tell people about it, and a whole other thing to feel confident that I would be able to answer any questions that someone may have for me while I'm telling them about Christ. In the past I would have normally rather eaten a few rocks than have to witness to someone because I was so afraid of what they would think of me. I didn't want people to think I was a freak. Now, I would love to share Christ with others, but still feel a little unsure of how to go about it. I don't want to offend others, but I also do not want to minimize anything about Christ. (does that make sense?) As I have previously mentioned, I also need to beef up on some of my knowledge and Bible references. The question came up in Bible study about how we are to witness to others. It's hard to say how, but we should be ready when opportunities present themselves. One thing my pastor mentioned is that the way we live our every day lives should be a testimony and a witness to others. I really, really want my life to be a good testimony and witness for Christ and I often think about it. I think I have already changed the way I handle myself in different situations and I even find myself much less bothered by things that used to really bother me.I know there is a lot more I can do, but for me it is very beneficial to remind myself that I am a witness for Christ every day that I am living on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment