me & the kids.

me & the kids.
l o v e

Monday, September 6, 2010

A 3 day weekend.

Well this weekend was an extended one and a quite pleasurable one. AND the only thing better than an extra day to my weekend is that the next work week has only 4 days in it! I am getting so old that I can't even remember what all I did this weekend, but I know it was good. I know I spent time w/my family, hung out w/Ashley (which included Rubios & Last Chance, YUM & YEAH!), went to church & taught Sunday School, napped, went to the pool, and went out w/my girl friends. Today we went to drive around a few areas to look at houses. Yea, it's true we are looking at buying down here because things just don't seem to be leading us back to the midwest like I often hope. It's been sort of hard house hunting when I really don't want to buy a house here. Know what I mean? I suppose I should probably just pray about it for some peace and guidance and would also appreciate others prayers as well. Two things that I really like about where we live now is that I really like my job and I really, REALLY love my church! It's the only church I have really liked since I have been out here and I hate the thought of having to find another one if I move to a different part of the valley. (if you ever need a laugh, you can ask me about the first church we visited when I moved out here....haha! oh boy!) Anyways....tonight I read 1 Thessalonians and found 2 little pieces that stuck out to me: 2:4 states...."Our purpose is to please God, not people. He alone examines the motives of our hearts." I should probably have this posted somewhere for me to see every day because I think I will need the reminder just that often. I think maybe it's part of my personality to want to please others which isn't always a bad thing, but I need to remember that sometimes it's ok for me to not please others because pleasing God is the most important thing. When contemplating what to do or say I need to think about if it would be pleasing to God. The second piece that caught my eye is very simple and self explanatory, but I just really liked it, 4:16-18..."Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances." I think these are 3 good rules for anyone to live by and if one chooses to live by these rules I think they will be full of peace and happiness. This is kind of seperate, but it's something random that I just realized I was thankful for. I am really thankful that I have a husband that sees things differently than I do. I will openly admit that I can be very naive in certain situations. I don't know if it's my personality, how I was raised, or if I am just "slow"....but either way I am glad that my husband see things that I don't and is able to bring them to my attention. I think by me being naive that I sometimes don't guard myself as much as I should and Floyd has helped me see different ways that I need to guard myself and others to avoid unnecessary hurt. He's able to explain things to me calmly and without making me feel really stupid (even if he secretly is thinking I am really stupid at the time :o)). I really appreciate that about him. Well that's all for tonight. I need to go clean and get ready for the work week. May the grace of our Lord Jessus Christ be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment