me & the kids.

me & the kids.
l o v e

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

share & don't be afraid.

Tonight I read 1 Timothy and although there were many good little tid bits, 4:5 is what was really meant for me today. It says, "But you should keep a clear mind in every situation. Don't be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Work at telling others the Good News, and fully carry out the ministry God has given you." So the first thing it says is not to be afraid of suffering for the Lord....I know that should probably be easy since he already paid for my life with his own!, but for some reason it still can sound very scarey to me. I guess maybe it's because I always look at Jesus as being so big and strong and myself as just this little ordinary person, that I feel like it's a lot to ask....and well....if I was doing it on my own it would be a lot to ask....BUT...God will give me the strength I need to endure the persecution I must go through. Verse 18 states that He will deliver me from every evil attack and will bring me safely into his heavenly kingdom. I really do believe this so now it is time to stop being afraid. I also noticed that it told me to work at telling others the Good News & to carry out the ministry God has given me. Clearly that's something I need to work on and I suppose I could start first by figuring out what ministry God has given me cuz I am really not sure what it is yet. Either way I figure sharing what he's doing in my life on this blog is some kind of a start, right!? :o)
Now on a daily update sort of note....Jaylee's potty training is going well and both of the kids have enjoyed going to the library lately with Auntie Disha during the day. Starting last night I have been feeling sick and it hasn't gone away so that's kind of annoying. I feel like how I felt when I was sick in the Bahamas for two weeks.....which is not good.....really hoping it's not whatever that was! But I have to end on a positive note sooo....I got to watch America's Next Top Model tonight which is a fav of mine & I got a super cute pair of skinny jeans on clearance at Nordstroms! whoop! whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment