me & the kids.

me & the kids.
l o v e

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Givin stuff to God....

No, these headbands are not what I was referring to in the title of this blog.... I just wanted to include a pic to show people my latest love in the fashion world!! I love, LOVE these headbands with the chunks of felt with all types of beads, sequens and pearls glued on them. I have been told that they are at a last season thing; however, I have to kindly disagree beause the ones I saw out last season were more like flowers and peacock feathers and things of that nature....which I did venture into the flower ones, but didn't like them nearly as much as I love these ones!! Just sayin...:o).....
So now referring to my title...."givin stuff to God,"....I'm not talking about stuff like money, time, or any other material thing....I'm talking stuff like issues or difficult situations going on in my life. I was thinking about how it doesn't even make sense of why I have such a hard time doing it. If I am in a tough situation or have issues bothering me why do I want to keep them?? Shouldn't I be glad that someone would like to take over these issues/situations for me??  Perhaps it's because I am a take charge type of person that always thinks I can fix everything or at least make it better. Or maybe it's just that I like to help and give so much that I feel like that should be enough to fix things. I dunno where the root of it all is, but all I know is that I need to change it. I should be glad that I have a God who loves to help me in all situations, especially poopy ones! I mean seriously it's not like God's trying to take my cute bejeweled headands....it's more like he wants my broken one from last season. (I don't know if that made sense to anyone, but it did in my head, so I'm leavin it!) So anyways....basically today there was something bugging me and it was making me pretty upset and the one thing that made me feel better was when I prayed about the issue with Malaki before he went to bed, (the issue has nothing to do w/him BTW).....but there was just something about praying out loud that gave me a peace and made me feel so much better! I must do that more often.
On a different note....I am no longer the owner of a Titan, Floyd traded it in this weekend for an Altima which is quite nice. Floyd ran some kind of cost analysis & said it was better to do this.....I don't ask questions, I just remind him his whole career is about financial analysis and forecasting so I trust him. I also trusted his judgment on the car because I never saw it til he came home with it in the dark and I had to leave with the car 15 min. later to meet some friends. The car is very nice looking and fancy by my standards, (which are probably not that high). :o) OK, must head to bed now so I can start of the week right!
May God our Father give you grace and peace.

1 comment:

  1. the comment made sense in my head too:) - Jenalee

    ReplyDelete