me & the kids.

me & the kids.
l o v e

Monday, September 13, 2010

pruning...

This post tonight will probably be short and unedited because my internet is being just rediculous! This weekend was a good one...I spent time hangin with the kids since I will be out of town all of next weekend. It will be my first time even staying one night away from Jaylee! It's kinda sad, but I am still excited to go home and see family for a few days. Today our pastor was out of town so we had a substitute pastor which I normally hate cuz it's just really, really not the same. Today it still was far from the same and the sermon was pretty short, but it was good-- It touched on a subject that I think I mentioned just a week or two ago. The speaker was talking about how different plants need pruning in order for them to get more light and produce more fruit and basically the sermon lead to asking us what we needed to prune from our lives to be more fruitful. The pruning in our lives isn't always just cutting away things that are blatant sins, it's simply cutting out anything that's infringing upon our ability to carry out our lives for Him. I have been thinking about what that would be for me and I am sure that I will need to think more about it, but there are a few that are fairly obvious.....less tv & computer time. I actually don't watch much tv at all, but I really don't have time for any (at least on the week days) if I want to be able to be a good wife, mother, and also further God's kingdom. With TV I know there is one program I like to watch during the week so I may limit it to just that and with the computer I will probably just limit my time cuz once I get to surfing on there time flies right by and then later I am sitting there thinking why on earth was I on this thing so long! I would still like to blog on here, but that is something I do after the kids are in bed and I have done my devotions for the day. So that is where I plan to start things. Our regular pastor proposed a challenge to us last week which is the following: for 3 months he would like us to go to worship 1 hr. a week, go to a Bible study once a week, & the serve 1 hr. a week. I have never really done a Bible study before but I took a look at them to see if I could see myself fitting into one....well the obvious one would be the womens Bible study, but to be honest with you I kind of cringe when I think about meeing with so many women all at once! I know that sounds horrible, but it's true. I did however, find another one that looked good....it's just called the life of Jesus. The Bible study will talk about his life and how it affects us today. I think it sounds like it will piece some things together for me a little better. It starts next week, so I have another week to decide for sure. Well it's super late so I am going to cross my fingers & hope this posts & head to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment