me & the kids.

me & the kids.
l o v e

Monday, September 27, 2010

FaItH.

Hebrews 11 talks all about faith; the very first verse of the chapter gives a definition of faith, "Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see." Then there is verse 6 which reads as follows, "And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him." The rest of the chapter goes on to talk about numerous times throughout the Bible where faith saves peoples lives. It was a neat little chapter to read which held my oh-so-tired mind this evening. It sort of had me thinking about the amount of faith I have in God.....I do have faith, but there are doubts that creep in my mind from time to time....these doubts creep in for a few reasons: 1. because there are so many skeptical people in our world that are always countering every claim of God that it allows some doubt to creep in if one is not careful & 2. I am such a logical and decently intelligent person that I start to think that it all needs to make perfect sense to me in order for me to have faith. About 5 years ago I was talking to a non-Christian friend about God and he said something that made complete and perfect sense....he said, "I think it totally makes sense to have a God that allows things to happen that we can't understand because why would I want to serve a God that was only just as smart as me, what would be the point." I believe that's a great way to look at things. As a human I tend to want everything to make sense to me, but then what would be the point of having and serving a God? I need to truly accept the following: (Isaiah 55:9) "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts then your thoughts." That's all for tonight. My God our Father give you grace and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment