me & the kids.

me & the kids.
l o v e

Monday, September 13, 2010

it's official.

So it's official that I now have to go to the Bible study I mentioned yesterday.....cuz ya know, I was thinking of going & then my pastor had to go ahead & email me today asking if I would join that very one I was thinking of....think that was a little sign....soooo I committed. The Bible study goes from 7:00-8:15, but I told him I would need to leave right at 8:00 since that one hour would fulfil the hour of Bible study that was suggested as part of our challenge....of course I was kidding, but I don't know him all that well, so I hope he got my sense of humor. :o) Anyways I am actually kind of excited to start because he is encouraging a lot of the other "youngish" people that go to our church to attend it so perhaps I will meet some new friends as well. Floyd did say he would come some, but it will probably depend on our childcare situation.
So tonight I started reading Hebrews and the verse that caught my eye was the very last one that I read....2:18 "Since he himself has gone through suffering and testing, he is able to help us when we are being tested." I thought this was a nice reminder of how Jesus was just like us. Sometimes it's hard to imagine that because he certaintly isn't just like us now, but he was at one time. He went through several tests including the ultimate one and they were difficult! I think it's easy for us to think of him as being so superior that nothing must have ever been hard for him, but that's simply not true. If you read the whole Easter story he was basically begging God to let him out of dying on the cross and asking if there were any other way to do it....but as you know there wasn't another way, it needed to be done that way, so he did it! Now, I know my trials and tests are NOTHING compared to that one, so I really shouldn't get down....I should just look to him for help because he does know what it's like....he's been there, done that. That's all for today.
May the Lord Jesus Christ and God our Father give you grace and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment