me & the kids.

me & the kids.
l o v e

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Im not doing it!

So I read a friend's blog tonight that had a short list of things that she'd like to swear she will never do. I thought it was a neat idea so thought I would do one myself. Just as she said in hers, these things I am saying I would like to swear I would never do aren't meant to judge people who do, do these things....it's just my personal feeling on them......& never is a strong word so I don't know if I can promise, but I would like to. Here it goes....
1. I will never buy a new Coach purse....yup, I'll admit there are a few pretty cute ones, but seriously!? why on earth do they cost so much? It's just absurd and I'd rather not have the same exact purse as everyone else anyhow.
2.I will never compromise my morals just because they make someone else uncomfortable....now don't get me wrong, I won't think it's ok to shove your beliefs downs someone's throat, but I also believe people should hold strong to their moral convictions without wavering....if someone else is uncomfortable with them, it's really their problem, not yours.
3. I will never dye my hair black....I have probably dyed it about every other color under the sun, but black is just never happening.
4. I will never forget the friends and family that have loved and supported me through so much in my life. (you know who you are ;o))
5. I will never cut my hair short and perm it like most old ladies.--I think if my hair gets that bad I'll just invest in some cute wigs or something....I'm pretty sure you are allowed to pull off anything when you are old and senile. Besides my sisters and I made my Mom promise she would never do that so it would probably be pretty hypocritical if I did not follow suit.
6. I will never lose my faith because HIS word is the only truth that lasts forever.
7. I will never stop eating sweets.....well unless it's absolutely life or death....otherwise it's out of the question!
8. I will never understand how everything works in this world....economy, politics, electronics...
9. I will never work at a job where I feel I am making no difference in the world; (however small it may be.) But with that said, I kinda feel like any job I could possibly hold I could create a way in which I felt I was positively impacting the world.
10. I will never get voluntary plastic surgery...it's not that I just think my body is so great, (cuz trust me it;s NOT, especially after 2 kids), but becaue I think it's a slap in the face to God in a way and I think it's putting yourself in a dangerous situation for a very unneccessary reason. If someone feels like they need plastic surgery there is a good chance they have got some other underlying issues to resolve.
So there is a 10 of them....getting tired now....today was a great day!...I got to see an old high school friend that I had not seen probably since my wedding and I got to shop a little. :o) Tomorrow morning I am going to visit a college friend and her two little kiddies, and then some of my sis's will start trickling in town. :o) Night~
May God our Father give you grace and peace.

1 comment:

  1. haha i loved it. definitely related to many...the whole cutting hair short & perming it is soo crazy! i mean do you really think anyone in our generation will do that? it would be hilarious!!! #9 is interesting after all your days at A&F :o) #8 is totally me too...I just don't get all that stuff...hahah. Love you!

    ReplyDelete