me & the kids.

me & the kids.
l o v e

Sunday, October 24, 2010

a mixed weekend.

Overall I must say that this weekend was a pretty good one but for some reason it was pretty up & down for me. I know that this blog is for me to share things, but I am not sure I want to go there right now for various reasons, perhaps later though. In the sadness I experienced this weekend  I realized a lot of things about myself and so I am grateful for that. Saturday morning I got to meet with my mentor for the first time and it was wonderful! We ended up walking & talking for close to 2 hours w/o even realizing it! We talked about various things, and I can already tell she is going to be a great mentor! She is very easy to talk to and the way she explains things makes a lot of sense to me. Today we had a church picnic after church & I have to say it's really nice to finally have a place to go to where multiple people come up & say hi & ask me how I am, etc. I know that probably sounds very weird to most people, but living in a city and especially a city where you original knew no one can be very isolating. Back home when you went out you always ran into someone you knew....I can say after living out here for 5 years that has only happened to me a handful of times & I am out and about a lot! I guess the point I am getting at is that I am starting to feel more comfortable here & feeling very blessed by where God has placed me. On a way seperate note I did a lot of cleaning this weekend, including the carpets and MAN does it make me feel so much better! My bff from HS comes on Fri. & I am pretty excited for that....just gotta get through the week first :o)
I will leave you all with 2 verses from tonight"s reading:
1Peter 4:8 "Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins."
1 Peter 5:7 "Give all you worries & cares to God, for he cares about you."

No comments:

Post a Comment