me & the kids.

me & the kids.
l o v e

Thursday, October 21, 2010

When I've learned the most....

It seems as though ever since I reached the age of 16, each year seems like I am learning so much. I at first felt like I learned a lot through my jr. & sr. yr. of HS, but then came college & boy, oh boy did I learn a lot then! Then of course, I moved a few thousand miles away from home, got married, and started a career....of course that brought many lessons. Shortly after that came along Malaki....& then Jaylee & to have to balance a family w/work, school, etc. So, WOW, I sure have learned a ton within the last 10-11 years and I guess what I realized is that I don't think it'll ever stop. More recently the things I have been learning has more to do with my relationship with God & how much that affects everything single thing in my life. It's really weird because it has made me more understanding of some things and in other ways it sometimes make me feel like an alien to the world I live in. Anyone know what I mean or experience the same thing? Tonight I was reading some in 1 Peter and came across this passage: "So think clearly and exercise self-control. Look forward to the gracious salvation that will come to you when Jesus Christ is revealed to the world. So you must live as God's obedient children. Don't slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn't know any better then. But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy." (1:13-15) I like this passage because it's a warning and a promise....it remind us to live right, but also tells us what will await us. In the past I was sometimes hesitant to fully commit to God because I knew a lot would be expected of me and I just didn't think I could do it. Now, I really want to live for Him and it's actually not that hard. Last night in Bible study Pastor Brian mentioned that we all can do many things as long as we just WANT it. So then I was asking myself what do I want? And here are my desires.....
1.I want to live as a witness and servant for him.
2. I want to be a godly wife and mother.
3. I want to be healthy.
4. I want to be happy.
All of these things will continually be a work in progress, but there will always be progress as long as I WANT it! Also, I think #4 will come naturally as the other wants are fulfiled. :o)

On a completely seperate note, I noticed on Mon. when I was walking home from work that  Platos closet just opened only 1/4 mile from my house!!! Woohoo! You can imagine my excitement:o) So tonight I brought a few things by and was able to purchase 5 items and still get about 40 bucks back! YES! Just a small slice of heaven for me having that store so close by. There was so much good stuff in there too since it's in Scottsdale! Anyways I am off to bed.
May God our Father give you grace and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment