me & the kids.

me & the kids.
l o v e

Monday, October 4, 2010

Yup, a song again...

So growing up we were only ever allowed to listen to Christian music in my house which of course bothered me as I got older, not because I didn't like the music, but just because I liked other stuff as well & maybe it also bothered me a little because all my friends always told me how weird it was that we were only allowed to listen to Christian music  :o)....(random sidenote....I can still remember when I was in 5th or 6th grade and my Dad busted me listening to the Hot Stepper song on my little radio headphones...haha!). Once I moved out I listened to whatever music I pleased which consisted of very little Christian music. Well now I am getting back into it again....before when I listened to music I listened just for a beat I liked or catchy lyrics which seem to pop up more in secular music, but when you are in the mood for listening to peaceful and meaningful music I'm gonna have to go with Christian music (& some culture reggae). The song I shared last week on my blog, I was sharing with a co-worker of mine and she shared a song with me that was her current favorite. The song is called, "More Like Falling in Love" by Jason Gray. I had never heard of the song before so I wrote it down and said I would look it up at home. That night I went home & listened to it on my itunes and immediately downloaded it! The song is simply amazing and sums up a lot of feelings I have right now. Here are the lyrics: (please read them, but more importantly if you haven't heard the song you should definitely listen to it):
Give me rules, I will break them.
Show me lines, I will cross them.
I need more than a truth to believe.
I need a truth that lives, moves, & breaths.
To sweep me off my feet, it's gotta be....
More like falling in love, than something to believe in.
More like losing my heart, than giving my allegiance.
Caught up, called out, come take a look at me now.
It's like I'm falling, oh, it's like I'm falling in love.
GIve me words, I'll misuse them,
Obligations, I'll misplace them. 
Cause all religion ever made of me was just a sinner with a stone tied to my feet.
It never set me free, it's gotta be....
More like falling in love, than something to believe in.
More like loseing my heart, than giving my allegiance.
Caught up, called out, come take a look at me now.
It's like I'm falling, oh, it's like I'm falling in love, love, love.
Deeper and deeper, it was love that made me a believer.
It's more than a name, a faith, or a creed,
Falling in love with Jesus brought the change in me.

I really, really like everything about this song, but I will share a few particular parts. In the beginning when it talks about breaking rules and crossing lines....that was always kind of me. I would follow rules and not cross lines if I saw the point in them, but if I did not, I would push the limits however far I felt I needed to. And the part where it talks about it being more like losing your heart than giving an allegiance...that's what I feel right now. I feel the holy spirit moving so much in mylife right now that it's almost not even an option but to follow Him and believe in Him. It's a really an amazing feeling. And where it talks about religion not setting you free....that's exactly what I felt like....I could say and act like a Christian all day long, but none of that brought any lasting change in me...I didn't feel a change until I was just swept off my feet. It's really weird cuz to be honest, I can't even put a finger on what all of the sudden changed in my life that made me feel this way. Usually people have a certain event that they can place which was sort of a turning point and for some reason I don't have that. I don't know if maybe there kind of was one and I forgot or what. I sort of wish I had some cool story, but I don't :o) haha. It's ok though....cuz I know the change is there because I feel like a whole new person. So if anybody reads this I would love to know what you thought of the song!

1 comment:

  1. wow....those lyrics are awesome...i listened to the song but I think I like just looking at the words and reading them even more than listening to the song. I think that I am going to print them out and hang them on my wall.....as inspiration to get where I would like to be....where I have been but have been dragged away by my problems of business (too busy to give God the time I ought too) and pride (to big-headed to proclaim credit where its due)... I want to want God sooo near...I want to feel a sense of urgency to share him with others....I want to be genuinely moved and compelled to love all...I want the club to be rocked far more by kids falling in love with Jesus than by any program or plan that I might come up with....
    Jenalee

    ReplyDelete