me & the kids.

me & the kids.
l o v e

Monday, October 11, 2010

In between...

You know that age you were growing up when you felt like you were to old to sit at the kiddie table at family gatherings, but the adults were too old and boring to sit with still? Well I kind of have a similar feeling. I am 27 years old with two kids which to me seems perfectly normal to me, but unfortunately it's really not super normal where I live or maybe I should say withint he groups of people I know. The good majority of my friends in Phx are actually a year or two older than me and have no kids and most aren't even married. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't think there is anything wrong with that, but it just makes me feel awkward sometimes. Ya know, I feel like I am still kind of young and goofy, but I have kids so obviously I have other priorities than those do that do not have kids. Also, ya know how there are some Moms that are like over-the-top kind of Moms? --(I call them super mommish)--well I would like to think that I am a good Mom, but not super Mommish. Super mommish Moms kind of bother me because I feel like they have no life whatsoever outside of there kids and it's almost like you can't talk to them about anything, but there kids. So sometimes I feel stuck between two worlds. This is a big part of the reason I sometimes ache to come back to the midwest....I know a decent amount of people from college that live in the midwest that are around my age with kids and it seems more normal to live that way in the midwest. Besides having other people I can relate more too, I'd also like for my kids to have playmates. Church has helped with this a bit, but unfortunately the Mom's I know from work either have very different work schedules than me, lives farther away, or have lots of stuff going on. So that's where I am at with that....sorry it was kind of complaining, but it's just how I feel so often. I am in Michigan right now sitting in my Dad's chair with a long sleeve on, yoga pants, two pairs of socks, I closed all the windows in this room, and I'm still cold! Don't get me wrong it was an absolutely beautiful day, I just am a true Valley of the Sun girls now and anything under 90 feels cold. Today the kids and I went for a walk, played at the park, went to Walmart, played ball, and went on a little hike. It's so pretty here right now so I really should take some photos--I am so bad at doing that because I never want to stop and take them cuz I don't want to miss the moment I am having with them....but I will try! Oh & I should get a pic of my "5th grade bangs" that I'm rockin right now. :o) That's all for today.
May God our Father give you grace and peace.
P.S. I didn't edit this, don't judge me, I'm on vacation. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment